Contact information for our employees during Coronavirus

What Will Home Insurance Cover If Your Home is Vandalized?

home insurance vandalism

A brick through the sliding glass door. Graffiti. Broken windows. From pranks to civil unrest, your home could be damaged by someone with malicious intent. If this damage is costly, you might find yourself wondering if your homeowners insurance policy will help cover repairs.

The good news is that home insurance policies cover vandalism and typically include damage caused during the course of a riot or civil commotion. Coverage is often available for damage to the dwelling, as well as personal property.

However, not all policies are the same, so you should consult with your insurance agent to ensure that your policy includes appropriate coverage, and to review potential limitations. Keep in mind that most covered losses are subject to a deductible, which is the amount you must pay before insurance kicks in.

Learn more about home insurance.

Allan Block Insurance, Professional Service with the Personal Touch

We are located in Tarrytown, NY, in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district just north of New York City. We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. For more information or answers to your insurance questions, please contact us.

Skip to content